Achieve proportioned, contoured thighs with a thigh lift.
At Zen Medispa in Sydney we offer a thigh lift treatment plan for our patients.
What is a Thigh Lift?
This is a procedure that involves the tightening and reshaping of your thighs. This is done by removing your excess skin and fat from either the inner or outer thighs. The result is smoother, more contoured-looking upper thighs.
How do I prepare for a thigh lift procedure?
- Stop smoking before the surgery can take place. This will help with the healing process
- Avoid medication that could cause increased bleeding
- Make sure you drink lots of water and keep hydrated before and after the surgery. This will help with a safe recovery
- Ensure that a stale weight is maintained at all times
What can I expect on the day of thigh-lift surgery?
- A general anaesthesia is commonly used during the procedure
- Various monitors will be used to keep track of your heart rate, blood pressure, pulse and the amount of oxygen circulating in your blood
- The doctor will then begin the procedure for the thigh lift and once it is complete, you will be taken into the recovery room where you will be closely monitored
- You will remain there until the doctor decides that you have recovered enough to be discharged
After the thigh lift procedure
- You may experience some bruising, swelling, and pain after the surgery. If these symptoms persist, you will need to contact us immediately at our cosmetic clinic in Burwood
- In the first two weeks of recovery, you should only do light activities
- Look for any signs of infection and notify us immediately
- Avoid any strenuous actions or movements like heavy lifting or jogging
- Do not bend, walk, sit or put any pressure on the affected areas
- You may start driving and walking again after the first two to three weeks of recovery
The pros of a thigh lift
- Your clothing may fit you better
- You will have a body that is more shapely, curvaceous and proportional
- Your thighs will appear smoother and firmer
- You will have a more youthful appearance
Thigh Lift FAQs
A success thigh lift procedure can tighten skin as well as improve the contour of your inner thigh. This is achieved by with an incision either down the inner aspect of your thigh toward the knee; or the incision is made at the fold where the groin and thigh join.
If you are a suitable candidate for a thigh lift you will:
- Be in good health
- Have no medical conditions that would impede your body’s ability to heal
- Have a relatively stable weight
- Be a non-smoker or haven’t smoked in a while—smoking negatively affects your body’s ability to heal.
Day surgeries like these are quite safe. However, all surgery carries with it the potential for complication:
- Allergic reaction to antiseptic solutions, dressings or sutures
- A slower-than-normal healing time (which is usually caused by things like smoking or diabetes)
During your initial consultation, we will provide you with all the information about the procedure. This way you can make a more informed decision about the thigh lift procedure.
If you have lost some elasticity in your skin, or lost significant weight, then you may be an ideal candidate for this procedure.
Three common reasons for getting a thigh lift include:
- Major weight loss
Another—less common—reason is those who exercise a lot. They are close to their ideal weight, and just want a little help getting the contour and shape they can’t quite achieve with exercise.
This surgery—in most cases—can be performed as a day surgery in a hospital. You will need to wear a compression garment for around six weeks post-op. The exact time will depend on your body’s healing ability and the extent of surgery. You should avoid lifting weights for six weeks. And you might want to wait a week or two before driving.
It is natural to feel a little discomfort for a few days after surgery—this is normal. Part of your post-operative care will involve an aftercare plan to help you recover as quickly and successfully as possible.
A thighplasty is another name for thigh lift. Adding ‘plasty’ after a body part (other examples include: abdominoplasty, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty) is to say that part of the body is being moulded. More specifically it’s grafting, moulding or changing the shape of something.
Your results will last long if maintain your weight, lead a healthy lifestyle or join a good fitness program.