At Zen Medispa in Sydney, we can assist you with the Melasma skin condition.
What is Melasma?
Melasma are brown, tan or blue-grey patches on the skin which causes facial skin to discolour. It usually occurs in women between 20 to 30 years of age and is not a very common condition in men.
What causes Melasma?
- If you are exposed to the external sun on a daily basis
- External hormones like birth control pills
- Internal hormonal changes (among pregnant women)
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT and progesterone)
- Family genetics and a history of Melasma
- Certain skin care treatments could irritate the skin and accelerate Melasma symptoms
What parts of the body does Melasma effect?
It generally appears on these parts of the body:
- On the upper cheeks
- On the upper lip
- On the forehead and the chin of women that are between the ages of 20-50 years.
Below are a few types of Malasma
There are four types of pigmentation patterns that are diagnosed in Melasma. These include:
- One found on patients who are dark-skinned
Treatments that are recommended to help treat Melasma
- Peels are very common
- Picosure Cosmetic Skin Laser Treatments
Laser treatments may also be used to treat Melasma; however, there is no guarantee that the laser treatments would be a permanent solution to help treat the condition.
Melasma | Burwood
For more information on Melasma and which treatments is best to help treat the condition and reduce or remove the dark patches caused by it, please book an appointment with us at Zen Medispa in Sydney today!