We offer a range of cosmetic treatments to assist with the pigmentation of the skin.
Do you have darks spots on your face that just appeared there over time? You could be suffering from skin pigmentation.
What is Pigmentation?
The word ‘Pigmentation’ means ‘colouring’; therefore, we could link skin pigmentation disorders with the colour of our skin. ‘Melanin’ is a pigment made from special cells, from which our skin gets its colour. If these special cells get damaged, it could affect the production of Melanin. This can make the skin look uneven, dull, worn-out or damaged which can impact on the ageing process of the skin.
What causes pigmentation?
- It could be hormonal
- Too much sun exposure
- Damaged skin
- Hereditary reasons
- The excessive production of the pigment called melanin causes the skin to become darker
On which parts of the body can pigmentation appear?
Some pigmentation disorders affect parts of the skin while others could affect the entire body.
Types of Pigmentation:
- Freckles (one or many).
- Sun spots, age spots and liver spots which are caused by sun exposure.
- Melasma, also known as the ‘pregnancy mask,’ is caused by hormonal changes.
At Zen Medispa in Sydney, we have a range of treatments that could be recommended to help treat your pigmentation. These include:
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation
- Picosure Cosmetic Skin Laser Treatments
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation – this treatment can only even out discoloration caused by acne scarring. It cannot smooth out the scar or decrease its visibility
Skin Pigmentation | Burwood
Can’t help but notice those dark spots forming on your skin? We are here to help you look your best. Give us a call at Zen Medispa in Sydney, to enquire about our treatments that help remove pigmentation.