You could be bidding farewell to those scars in no time!
Scars are areas of fibrous tissue that represent the natural healing ability that our bodies have. It is a result from the biological process that takes place, which involves the repairing and restoring of a wound after an injury occurs. Most wounds that occur after an accident, disease, or surgery, could result in some form of scarring on the skin.
What are scar tissues made of and how do they form on the skin?
Scars form when the deep, thick layer of skin called the ‘Dermis’ is damaged. Scar tissue is made of ‘collagen’ which is the same tissue that it replaces, however, the fibre composition of the collagen of a scar is different when compared to the collagen fibres found in normal skin tissues.
This is reason why scars look, feel and function differently compared to normal skin that surrounds the scar and has not been caused any trauma.
Scars that form on the skin after injury or trauma are less resistant to ultraviolet radiation, and hair follicles or sweat glands do not grow back within scar tissues.
What causes our skin to scar?
Scars can result from the following situations or reasons:
- Diseases such as chicken pox
- Stretch marks due to rapid weight gain or pregnancy
- Skin conditions such as acne
The different types of Scars
Below are a few of the many different types of scars:
- Keloid scars – These scars are a large, raised, irregular shaped overgrowth of fibrous tissue that is caused by the overproduction of collagen.
- Contracture scars – These scars occur if your skin has been burned.
- Hypertrophic scars – These scars are raised and red in colour but do not go beyond the boundary of the wound.
- Acne scars – these scars are formed if you have had a severe form of acne.
Treatments that are recommended to help remove scars from the skin:
At Zen Medispa in Sydney, we offer a wide range of scar removal treatments that can help improve and repair the appearance of scars. These include:
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation
- Picosure Cosmetic Skin Laser Treatments
- Dermal Fillers
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation – this treatment can only even out discoloration caused by scarring. It cannot smooth out the scar or decrease its visibility.
- Skin Needling Therapy/Dermapen Needling
Scar Removal | Burwood
Do you have a scar that needs removing? We have what you are looking for to remove those dark scars that could be keeping your skin from being flawless! Contact us at Zen Medispa to discuss what we offer from our range in cosmetic treatments.